About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Very Merry Christmas

 

 

I can’t believe it’s all over for another year, although it’s probably a good thing since I’ve been going since 5.30 this morning and it’s now almost ten at night.

DSCF0391

I had to share this photograph of Janae with her favourite gift of the day . . . mostly because you can see the clock and the awful hour of the morning that it is.

Ah well, we have all survived the day and now they’re all sound asleep again.

DSCF0392

Dad decided that the children must have been pleased with their gift haul as it was quite peaceful in our home today. He’s decided that peacefulness equates to happiness. He’s obviously not around when a serious game of “Silly Beggars” is going on (that being play fighting with as much noise as a child can muster). But, speaking of Dad, he was very happy with his gift . . .

 

 

 

DSCF0393

It really is a shame that it’s summer here as I’m sure, had it not been 25 degrees C when he put it on, it’d have stayed on for days. It is such a wonderful feeling as a knitter or crocheter to have the recipient love their garment isn’t it.

DSCF0411

As for me, this year Santa brought something I’ve been asking for for three years now. I’m sitting under it now writing this blog, enjoying the cool night breeze, hearing the fireworks going off in the distance and just loving every moment of it.

The floor is littered with the debris of 30 Christmas crackers Janet kindly brought with her and her family. She had “doctored” them as she says and the gifts inside were fabulous. My belly is so full that I’m hanging out to lay on my bed and pass into peaceful slumber, and yet going past the plate with macaroons, Christmas Jelly Slice and Lemon Tarts without picking up something is proving something of a challenge and there’s so much food left over I can’t help wondering if perhaps I over catered somewhat.

Ah well, that’s the trouble with Christmas I suppose. So I’ll leave you with some photos of the most successful gift of the year . . . Rogan’s rocket launcher. It never ceases to amaze me how the least expensive gifts are the best. They’re in their pyjamas ready for bed (actually Rogan’s been in his all day as they’re his Christmas ones and he felt that he had nothing more appropriate to wear on Christmas day) and it’s pouring with rain, but their enthusiasm was so infections I even got out in the rain and launched a few rockets.

DSCF0407

DSCF0404

  I trust you have had a merry, family and fun filled day with joy and laughter. And may tomorrow be just a great.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Belinda! It's been awhile, so I just got caught up! I'm glad you had a wonderful, if exhausting, Christmas! Congrats to Janae for starting Kindergarten...your dad's sweater looks great! Have a great rest if the hols!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and I hope your day was fabulous too! xx

      Delete
  2. I hope that this email finds you well.

    I recently came across auntymum.blogspot.com and would like to discuss the possibility of paying you to display an advertisement on the site.

    We have a large customer base of clients prepared to pay to display discrete adverts, contextually matched to the content of the page on high quality sites like yours, and this can be a great way to generate an income without compromising your website.

    Please email me back if you would be interested in finding out more and I will send you a follow-up email outlining the opportunity in more detail.

    I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

    ReplyDelete