About Me

My Photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

DSCF0417

I can scarcely believe another year is here already.Where did the last one go? Well, it’s been a very low key event in our home. We got my mother off to the UK on Friday so I’m feeling more than a little exhausted doing the whole child thing completely alone and keeping an eye on my Dad as well. So last night I was in bed by 8pm with the computer and Midsomer Murders. Lights out by 10 and . . . amazement of all amazements . . . the children didn’t wake me until almost nine this morning.

DSCF0415

So yesterday was spent at the beach. You know, these photos are too idyllic really. It was blowing a gale.

DSCF0420

Look at my yarn blowing in the very stiff breeze. We had a swim, some lunch and then packed up the car and walked down the beach for an ice cream. Just as we reached the shop the heavens opened and we were drenched by the time we hit the car again. Such is life on an island.

DSCF0422

This morning we had a “baking day” and Janae chose cupcakes. This afternoon was spent icing them.

DSCF0423

I feel certain there are cases where there is more icing than cake, but it was all their creations so I made an effort not to butt in.

DSCF0424

Rogan showed a surprising knack for cake icing. Perhaps he’ll be a baker.

We’re almost three weeks into the summer holidays and only a month to go. We’ve done a bit already. Today we were invited over to the neighbour’s house for a cold swim. Very strange experience for me as that’s the house I grew up in, the pool I learned to swim in. But it was lovely to go back after all these years. I wonder what we’ll do tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Back from Australia today - am so looking forward to a beach day together at some stage over next couple of weeks with you, our children and our yarn! Love me, xxooxx.

    ReplyDelete