About Me

My Photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

It's time for goodbye

It's been four years since my first post, and hundreds of projects later it's time to say goodbye to blog world.

I have been successful in getting a wee part time job as office manager at our local church and that will be taking up a good chunk of my week. Now the cherubs are all at school, the timing is perfect, the location is perfect and the hours are perfect. With all this perfection I knew this was the job for me. And, if I'm honest, I was getting a little fed up with five whole days to myself (and I never thought that wold happen).

I began blogging (encouraged by the gorgeous Greedy for Colour) as a way of getting some confidence in my craft work as well as a way of processing all that came with being a new mum of three. I've blogged less and less over the past year as I have found I don't need the outlet so much.

But I want to take the opportunity to thank those of you who have supported me throughout this time. The comments are always so welcome and I encourage you to drop a comment to other bloggers you follow;, we all know that sometimes it can feel like we're sending our hearts into a big void.

I will be checking in on my favourite bloggy reads when I can and, if I have a spare moment and a project I have totally loved I'll try to blog about it.

With lots of love.

Belinda

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting your new job, I hope you are very happy there.
    I've only blogged for a couple of years but I must admit I blog much less than I did at first. It can be very time consuming.
    Thank you for sharing with us, very best wishes for the future.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new job....and lives go through many changes......I have enjoyed reading about you and your three little ones...and I wish you continue luck in everything...I've enjoyed our back and forth and hope you stop by to say hi from time to time....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your new job, I know what you mean about blogging, it is very time consuming - Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the job I shall miss you xxXxx

    ReplyDelete