About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Crafting Fun

It appears to be all about bunnies in our house at the moment. Maybe it's the spring weather.

The children had a visit with their mum this morning so I've had two blissful hours in complete silence knitting while overlooking the Tauranga Harbour. It's amazing how a couple of hours of silence can make you want to face the world again. So this afternoon - after Janae had found a secret stash of goodies in my wardrobe - I decided I'd help her make this.

This is a craft that had been given to me by the Lovely Janet. One of the many things she treats herself to when out and about and a few years later realises she'll never really get around to making it.

Janae did a great job with stringing on the body parts, learning to stitch a gathering stitch and firing the hot glue gun - not to mention the awesome job with drawing the face.

Our bunny doesn't have a name yet and has been put down in favour of racing about the lawn with the kids next door but I'm pleased we finally got the chance to do some crafting together.

Now it's back to work on Kayley's cat. With a little bit of effort I may just get it finished tonight. And while I was enjoying the solitude this morning a little bear name Tessa Teddy popped into my imagination. Hmmm I wonder how that will pan out.

No comments:

Post a Comment