About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Meow . . .

 And here he/she is all finished. I'm afraid the face is a little lopsided - that may be due to my eagerness to get this project finished. And the fact that Kayley is away tonight and I wanted it complete for her to come home to tomorrow.

I'm quite pleased and have to say a huge thank you to Just Jen for sharing this pattern. it's very different from other toy patterns I've made as the body is just one piece. But other than that I've enjoyed making it.

I'm also looking forward to putting away the pink and purple and getting into colours more to my own tastes. I've had a major tidy up in every room in the house today (the classic last-day-of-the-hols activity) and so Kayley's bed is tidy, made beautifully and just waiting for this new addition.

Unfortunately it's too late to start something new tonight so it will have to wait for tomorrow night. And I'm still thinking about Tessa Teddy. I think she'll be sitting in an arm chair to start with.

I hope you've had a great weekend and the week ahead treats you kindly.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I was just catching up on reading blogs and I saw a familiar cat lol. Glad you liked the pattern, he/she looks adorable, I hope Kayley likes it - Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, she absolutely loves him. Had him sitting patiently on her bed this morning and her smile lit up the room! Thanks again!

      Delete