About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, October 27, 2014

Wonderful Weekends

For a bank holiday weekend it's been relatively quiet around here. The children have been gallivanting for most of it and I've even had a night out at a friends with delicious food, great company and a bit of a giggle. What more can a girl ask for? Creativity!


Here's Harriet. I've spent much of my spare time this weekend making this little darling. She's a Jean Greenhowe and I just love her. A few years back I made my mum the Town Mayor hedgehog and I wanted something quick and easy so I picked Harriet.


She's a baby hedgehog with attitude and I love that she can stand up. Sometimes it's the little things in life that bring us joy and a stuffed toy that can stand freely is just the sort of thing that I find utter bliss in these days.

So now I'm busy making Stanley the Painter. He's a bigger and more detailed individual so it may be sometime before I can share him with you. But the neighbour has taken the little darlings to my parents for an after dinner hot swim so I'm going to clear up from dinner and get back to knitting. I'm currently engrossed in the TV series Vera as I'm also reading the books. As with all literature turned into television/movies it's never as good as the written word but Brenda Blythen makes up for all of that. Ahhhh it's almost perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment