About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Peter Painter


Good grief it's been an interesting week . . . as in some strange things have happened. On Friday afternoons Janae has swimming lessons and I got everything together and headed off. Got to the main road and realised I'd forgotten to swing by the school to collect the avid swimmer. This morning I went to get in the shower and realised I'd forgotten to get naked first. Kayley sliced her foot open at the beach last night and dear old Granddad rushed her in for some stitches. Janae got a bee sting and had a minor reaction with a foot the size of a melon. So because Rogan was the only one not limping this morning I suggested I could stamp on his foot so he matched the set. He declined my kind offer. Can you tell I'm looking forward to our long and luxurious summer break? Only six weeks to go.

But I've been working hard to get this guy finished. With Harriet Hedgehog off to a new home (she was sold on Saturday) I was determined to get Peter complete. He's a big boy - the biggest toy I've ever made and somewhat of a mission. But he's done and now I can relax with my book and contemplate my next project.


The little darlings are off with the New Floosie for their tea tomorrow night so I've got from midday to about 7.30 to do what ever I like. If you fancy a cuppa it'll be serene in our house. I just need to tidy away my workroom and I'm all set for some solitude. I'll let you know what the next critter to be created is when I've figured it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment